Everyone seems to be using shortcut 3 character codes on the internet. I've just come off an Ubuntu forum and everyone there seems to be "LOL"ing a lot (maybe at Vista). I'm not very conversant in these new conventions but I propose we resurrect an ancient language - the Q code. This convention has been around since 1912!!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_code
Some Q codes that may be useful:
QRA What ship or coast station is that?
QRD Where are you bound for?
QRK How do you receive me?
QRM Are you being interfered with?
QRN Are the atmospherics strong?
QRT Stop sending
QRU Have you anything for me?
QRV I am ready
QRX will call you again
QSL I Acknowledge receipt
QSN I heard you
QST General call to all stations (sometimes also CQ [Seek You] ALL)
QTA Disregard last message
QTH Location
Most of the Q codes were developed for radio operators on ships - but some others have been defined for specific use in aviation. I reckon the funniest one is....
QFU Runway in use
What would the reply be?... QFO I'm landing anyway!
I challenge anyone actually reading this to come up with some more Q codes now applicable to the internet... here are a couple of my own ideas (I was a bit pissed off that QFU had already been taken):
QFB Fat Bastard on seat.
QGK Geeky content folows.
QEM Email address.
QGD Gender.
QSX Fancy a shag?
QPR Parent in room (applicable to younger internet chat users).
QPB Lets go to the pub.
QDR Are you drunk yet / yes I am drunk.
QPL Generic pick up line.
That would be great you could have an entire conversation...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FROM: QFB / QGD MALE/ QEM nick.lake@techemail.com
RE: QGK
I reckon we should QPB and practice our QPLs - hopefully we can QSX with some QGD = Females but QPR at the mo'....
OK the QPR QFU'd but QDR already so see you tomorrow.
- PTAX 0.2
- Over
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment